Rotisserie Chicken is the best protein to have on hand during your busy week. It also makes for an incredibly easy dinner! Break out your air fryer and prepare to have your mind blown. Using minimal ingredients, my Healthy Air Fried Rotisserie Chicken recipe gives you the ability to have a fresh, healthy, crispy chicken ready to go when you need it! This recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser and it couldn’t be easier. Serve alongside a vegetable and starch for a well rounded meal, or make it your meal prep for the week.
What you’ll need to make this Healthy Air Fried Rotisserie Chicken
This ingredient list is incredibly straight-forward. You’ll need your pantry staple spices, and just a few other ingredients!
- Whole Chicken (approx. 3-4 lbs)
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil spray or Avocado oil spray
- Equipment: Air fryer; 7 qt basket or larger
The Air Fryer: your go-to for a healthy home-cooked meal!
If you don’t already own an air fryer–what are you waiting for?! An air fryer is basically a glorified, petite, countertop-sized convection oven. It’s a game changer for making healthy meals that are still crispy and flavorful. There are tons of air fryers on the market, but I recommend investing in one with a 7 qt basket or larger. This way, you’re able to make recipes like this one! I use this air fryer from GoWISE linked here. I got my first air fryer pretty early on during my wellness journey. You can generally find them pretty inexpensively at most stores. I find that the food gets the crispiest in this particular brand. In the past, I have used quite a few air fryers, and this has been my favorite for a few years now.
The best part about the air fryer is it isn’t just great for making rotisserie chicken. The options are endless when it comes to this machine. I’ve used mine for everything from banana bread, panko shrimp, egg rolls, and beyond! Check out some of my other air fryer recipes below:
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
- Chicken Parm with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Coconut Shrimp
- Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos
- Healthy Mini Air Fryer Banana Bread (for one!)
- Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- Asian Glazed Chicken Burgers with Slaw
- Pecan Crusted Chicken with Maple Honey Mustard
My Air Fried Chicken Cutlets are a blog favorite! This is a base recipe for chicken cutlets that are perfect for salads, sandwiches, etc.
The air fryer is a go-to for those of us looking to live a healthier lifestyle but not willing to sacrifice the crunchy, delicious texture that comes with frying food. My air fryer also comes in handy to heat up my kids frozen chicken nuggets. It makes them crispy instead of that kind of soggy texture caused by the microwave.
How to make this Healthy Air Fried Rotisserie Chicken
Start by cleaning out the cavity of the chicken. Half one lemon and place it inside the cavity of the chicken.
Spray the entire chicken with olive oil or avocado oil spray. Combine the spices and sprinkle them evenly to coat the chicken.
Place your chicken in the basket of the air fryer. Air fry at 350F for 45-60 minutes. Make sure to flip halfway. The internal temperature of the breast meat should be 165F.
Serving this rotisserie chicken for dinner? Pair it with one of these delicious side dishes!
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Healthy Lentil Salad with Arugula
- Easy Roasted Sweet Potato and Canadian Bacon Hash
- Golden Hasselback Potatoes
- Maple Ginger Roasted Carrots
- Easy Smashed Potatoes
- The Best Brussel Sprouts Ever
- Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Healthy Air Fried Rotisserie Chicken
- air fryer recommended: GoWISE 7 qt air fryer
- 1 whole chicken, approx 3-4 lbs; insides removed and cleaned
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- olive oil spray, or avocado oil spray
- Start by cleaning out the cavity of the chicken.
- Half one lemon and place it inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Spray the entire chicken with olive oil or avocado oil spray. Combine the spices and sprinkle them evenly to coat the chicken.
- Place in the basket of the air fryer, air fry at 350 for 45-60 minutes, flipping halfway (internal temp should be 165F on the breast meat).
- count in the WW app as breast meat, dark meat, etc. depending on what you eat
- boneless, skinless chicken breast is 0 WW points on the current WW plan
Looking for an easy shortcut for making chicken salad? My rotisserie chicken is the answer! Use it in one of these recipes below: