Guilt free egg sandwiches you can make at home! These Low Calorie Bagel Thin Egg Sandwiches make breakfast a whole lot easier. All you need is four ingredients and a few minutes to throw it all together. In just a few easy steps, you can have these delicious egg sandwiches ready to go in your fridge for the week. This is a great breakfast option if you follow a vegetarian or pescatarian diet because these are meatless egg sandwiches. Grab your ingredients and let’s get cooking!
Why should I make these Low Calorie Bagel Thin Egg Sandwiches?
An egg sandwich is one of the most popular breakfast options. They are satisfying, customizable, and fairly simple to throw together. All of that rings true with this recipe–but it even goes a step further! These Low Calorie Bagel Thin Egg Sandwiches only require FOUR ingredients, just minutes to prepare, and use no meat products–and let’s be real, is there anything better than an over easy egg on a sandwich?
Another great thing about these egg sandwiches is that they’re a great breakfast meal prep. Once assembled, you can wrap the sandwiches up in foil and store them in your fridge so you have a healthy breakfast ready to go when you are. Or, you can opt to store some of them in the freezer for those busy weeks when you just want to grab something quick, but still stay on track with your goals.
I also appreciate how these are a light option for breakfast. The use of bagel things and the choice to forgo any meat make these a great choice if you’re looking for something that’s light, but will still give you the fuel you need to get your day going.
What do I need to make these Low Calorie Bagel Thin Egg Sandwiches?
Like I said, the ingredient list for this recipe couldn’t be simpler! I opted to use specific brands when making these egg sandwiches, so make sure to account for any swaps you may make if you’re counting calories or following WW.
- Everything bagel thins
- I opted to use these Thomas Everything Bagel Thins linked here.
- Light Laughing Cow Cheese wedges
- Find them in a store near you, linked here
- This ingredient serves as an alternative for cream cheese
- Everything bagel seasoning
How do I make these egg sandwiches?
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Using a donut or muffin pan, spray six of the pan openings with non-stick cooking spray. Crack one egg into each opening. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
Bake for ten minutes or until the eggs are at your desired consistency. Set aside.
In the meantime, toast each bagel thin and spread the Laughing Cow cheese wedge on both sides on the bagel. Add the cooked egg to each sandwich.
Wrap each sandwich in foil and store in the fridge for the week. That’s it! In just a few easy steps, you’ve set yourself up for a week of healthy choices.
Egg sandwiches: the easiest way to build your freezer stash!
It’s no secret that I’m a proponent of meal prepping. It takes the guesswork out of healthy eating and sets you up for success. Meal prepping doesn’t only just save a lot of time, it’s also budget friendly. Instead of blowing your budget on $20 breakfasts and lunches out, you can make a weeks worth of egg sandwiches for the cost of one of those meals out.
I particularly love to prep egg sandwiches. Not only do I look forward to grabbing them out of the fridge for breakfast for the week, they’re also the easiest way to build your freezer stash for the busy weeks when you may not have had time to meal prep.
I have quite a few different egg sandwich and wrap recipes on the blog. They each offer a different flavor profile or cater to different dietary preferences–so there’s something for everybody. Check them out here:
- Healthy Bacon and Jam Egg Sandwiches
- Broccoli and Cheddar Egg Sandwiches
- Healthy Fall Breakfast Sandwiches
- Healthy Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- Grilled Vegetable and Egg Wraps
- Healthy Brunch Wraps with Canadian Bacon and Spinach
How to reheat your egg sandwich
If your sandwiches are in the freezer and you plan on having one for breakfast tomorrow, I suggest taking one out and placing it in the fridge so it can slowly thaw overnight. If you don’t do that, don’t worry. It’s just a suggestion.
In the morning when you are ready to eat one, unwrap it from the foil and microwave it quickly for about one minute. This helps take the chill off and make sure the egg defrosts fully.
Next, you have to crisp it up. The microwave alone isn’t sufficient for reheating, if you ask me. To crisp it up, you can do a few things.
- Toaster oven: I pop the sandwich right in the toaster oven for a few minutes to get crispy. Sometimes, I put the sandwich upside down to do this, because I find the bottom gets more soggy than the top. This is the method I use when I am in the office.
- Conventional oven: Preheat the oven to 400F. While it’s preheating, I pop the sandwich right into the oven, usually on the foil it was wrapped in originally. Again, I like to put the sandwich upside down, so that the bottom gets crisped up. Cooking times will vary, but I just keep my eye on it until the English muffin or bagel thin looks toasty and crispy.
- Air Fryer: The air fryer is great for reheating and crisping things up. I suggest using 375F as the temperature and checking on it every so often. It should only take a couple of minutes.
Low Calorie Bagel Thin Egg Sandwiches
- donut pan
- 6 bagel thins, I use these Thomas Everything Bagel Thins
- 6 eggs
- everything bagel seasoning
- 6 wedges light spreadable cheese , used: Laughing Cow Light
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spray six openings of a donut pan or muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crack one egg into each donut opening.
- Sprinkle the eggs with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the eggs reach your desired consistency or doneness, then remove from the oven.
- In the meantime, toast each bagel thin and spread both sides with the laughing cow wedge.
- Add the cooked egg to each bagel. Wrap in foil and store in the fridge for the week. Enjoy!
- Optional: To reheat from frozen, defrost a sandwich by placing it in the fridge overnight, or by microwaving it for 1-2 minutes (after removing the foil). Get the sandwich crispy by then popping it into a toaster oven, air fryer, or oven at 400F for a couple of minutes.
- 4 WW points per sandwich
Leave a Reply