You might have heard of a crunch wrap, but how about a brunch wrap? This healthy brunch wrap is stuffed with protein and veggies for a filling and nutritious breakfast. Canadian bacon, onion, fresh spinach, eggs, and cheese are wrapped up in a whole grain wrap for an easy to prepare and easy to reheat breakfast or lunch. Healthy brunch wraps with Canadian bacon and spinach are your new favorite meal prep!
What you will need to make these healthy brunch wraps
The ingredient list here is pretty simple. There are no complex spices or ingredients, and they are all easy to find!
- whole grain flax wrap, or wrap of choice
- You can use any lower calorie or lower carb wrap, tortilla, or lavash wrap that you enjoy.
- Canadian Bacon
- I use Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon.
- This Canadian Bacon is a great source of lean protein; it is made from lean pork loin and is hickory smoked. It adds such great flavor to dishes, without adding lots of fat or grease.
- One serving of this Canadian bacon (3 slices) offers 10g of protein, and its 97% fat free. It’s also gluten free.
- You can search the Jones Dairy Farm website’s store locator to find where this product is sold near you.
- Click here for the store locator.
- egg whites
- You can also use all eggs, or all liquid egg whites; whatever suits your needs.
- fresh spinach
- light cheddar cheese
- You can also use mozzarella cheese or any other cheese you have on hand! The flavor profile of this dish is pretty versatile, so you can use whatever cheese you enjoy.
- kosher salt
How to make these healthy brunch wraps
This recipe is so quick and easy to make. Start out by chopping the onion and Canadian bacon. Add them to a frying pan with some olive oil or non-stick cooking spray and the kosher salt and pepper, and cook them for about 10 minutes, or until the onion is tender and starts to caramelize, and the Canadian bacon is crisp. Note: The Canadian bacon is fully cooked; we are just looking to heat it through and get some color on it.
Whisk the four whole eggs together. Add them to the pan with the bacon and onion, along with the egg whites. Cook the eggs for about 2 minutes, and then add the fresh spinach. Cover the pan with a lid to help wilt the spinach. Cook the scramble together until the eggs are cooked, and the spinach is wilted.
Add 1 ounce of cheese to each wrap, and add 1 cup of the scramble to each wrap. Fold each wrap over, and then cook them over medium heat on a griddle to toast them up. Just a couple of minutes per side will do.
If you want to dirty less dishes, you can crisp the wraps up in the same pan you made the scramble in. Just make sure you wipe it clean before crisping the wraps up.
The versatility of this recipe; storage and reheating
This recipe for healthy brunch wraps with Canadian bacon and spinach is so easy to prepare and versatile; you can use all eggs, or all egg whites. You can use any cheese you’d like, or any vegetable you prefer. These wraps can also be frozen for meal prep.
To store, wrap each serving in foil and store in the freezer; to defrost, simply unwrap and microwave to take the chill off. For reheating and to get these wraps crispy again, air fry the wrap at 400F for a couple of minutes to crisp it up. If you do not have an air fryer, you can reheat them in a toaster oven or convection oven for a few minutes at a high temperature. It’s so easy!
You can also serve these wraps with a dipping sauce of your choice, but it truthfully doesn’t need it. As simple as this recipe is, it’s packed with flavor and nutrients.
Healthy Brunch Wraps with Canadian Bacon and Spinach
- frying pan
- 6 oz Canadian Bacon, chopped; 12 slices, one package of Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 whole grain flax tortillas, or lavash bread, or low carb wrap of choice
- Chop the onion and the Canadian bacon.
- Add the to the frying pan with olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray, and the kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the onion becomes tender and slightly caramelized.
- Crack the eggs and whisk them together. Add them to the onion and Canadian bacon, along with the egg whites.
- Cook for a few minutes, and then add the fresh spinach leaves.
- Cover the pan with a lid for the spinach to wilt.
- Cook until the spinach is wilted and the eggs are cooked through.
- Chop the scallions and fold them in.
- Add 1 oz of cheese to each wrap. Add 1 cup of the scramble to each wrap.
- Fold the wraps in half. Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
- Add the wraps and toast them for a couple of minutes per side.
- 6 WW points (green plan)
- 4 WW points (blue and purple plans)
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy: