This smoothie will be the apple of your eye! My Apple Cinnamon Protein Smoothie is fall in a cup. Sweet apples combine with a burst of cinnamon, pure maple syrup, plain non-fat Greek yogurt, old fashioned oats, unsweetened almond milk, and a few other pantry staple ingredients to bring this smoothie together. Vanilla protein is added for an extra boost of protein to keep you full. So, what are you waiting for? My Apple Cinnamon Smoothie will be your new go-to breakfast, snack, or dessert!
All about the protein powder I use
- My favorite vanilla protein powder: linked here through my Amazon Affiliate link
- Feel free to use your favorite vanilla flavored protein powder.
- I never was a fan of protein powder because I could never find one that didn’t contain artificial sweeteners or even natural sugar replacements, which I am sensitive to. After a quick google search for “protein powder sweetened with coconut sugar” I found the Naked Whey brand on Amazon (which I use here in this recipe). I was skeptical at first, but the minimal ingredients really make me feel good about using protein powder.
- Using one scoop of protein powder for this smoothie offers over 12g of protein without adding any chalky texture or aftertaste.
- If you want to bump up the protein even more, you can add another scoop of protein powder and more milk.
What you’ll need to make this Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
Note: If you’re counting calories or macros or tracking points on WW, be sure to account for the specific brands you use when making this smoothie.
- Chopped apples
- preferred: honey crisp or pink lady for added sweetness
- Vanilla protein powder
- linked here
- I choose to use one that is sweetened with coconut sugar, rather than with artificial sweeteners.
- Vanilla extract
- Pure maple syrup
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Old fashioned oats
- Unsweetened almond milk (you can also use cashew, oat, or skim milk)
- This smoothie is not dairy free, since the protein powder has whey; however, I like using plant based milk for recipes like this one because they are lower in calories and fat.
- Kosher salt
- Ice cubes
- Optional: top with cinnamon sugar
How to make this Apple Cinnamon Protein Smoothie
Smoothie recipes are great because once you gather all of your ingredients, all you need to do is toss them in a blender! This makes them a great option when you’re in a pinch, on the go, or just don’t feel like breaking out your pots and pans.
Once blended, you can opt to serve this smoothie over ice if desired. Adding ice cubes to the blender gives your smoothie an extra chill.
Why I’m loving smoothies right now
Smoothies have been a new go-to for my busy weeks! They’re great for a lot of reasons–whether I need something quick after a workout, rushing out the door to get the kids to school, or want something lighter that will still keep me full. Smoothies can do it all!
Recently, I released a new recipe for a Healthy Mocha Coffee Protein Smoothie that offers a great chocolatey coffee flavor and burst of caffeine. I also have a Healthy Chocolate Frosty Protein Smoothie. If you like the chocolatey flavors of the Mocha Coffee smoothie–you’ll love that one! It tastes like you’re drinking a decadent chocolate frosty minus all the sugar and unhealthy ingredients. It offers a subtle sweetness that makes it great for breakfast–but still sweet enough for a dessert or snack. If fall flavor profiles are more your thing, my Healthy Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie is for you.
How can I elevate this recipe?
This smoothie is great as it is but if you’re looking to bulk it up you totally can do that! I opted to serve my smoothie with cinnamon sugar for an extra burst of sweetness. You can add whipped cream, nut butter, my Homemade Cookie Butter Spread, sliced banana–the options are endless!
This smoothie recipe makes one 22-ounce smoothie. It is super filling as breakfast, lunch or a snack. If you’d rather pair it with your favorite breakfast, that’s an option too! Find some of my suggestions below:
- Healthy Apple Crisp
- Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Banana Almond Butter Muffins
- Apple Baked French Toast
- Healthy Baked Apple for One
Apple Cinnamon Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup apples, chopped; equivalent to 1/2 large apple
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, used: Naked Whey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, sub: cashew, oat, skim milk
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3-5 ice cubes, 3-5 cubes
- optional: cinnamon sugar or your favorite topping
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Optional: top with cinnamon sugar, whipped cream or your favorite fun topping.
- 5 WW points