When you are in the mood for something sweet yet healthy, this healthy baked apple for one is the perfect solution. Especially during peak apple season, this makes for the perfect sweet treat or dessert The inside of an apple is scooped out and stuffed with a sweet and flavorful mixture of oats, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Baked until tender, the end result is a sweet and soft baked apple. It is delicious on its own, but also perfect served alongside vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Healthy Baked Apple for One
- small baking dish
- 1 apple, large, sweet variety like honeycrisp
- 1/2 tbsp light butter
- 2 tbsp old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Scoop the core of the apple out, leaving the bottom in tact so you create an opening for the stuffing.
- Mix the butter, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a small bowl.
- Place the mixture inside of the apple.
- Place the stuffed apple in the small baking dish, and add water to the pan, to about 1" height.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the apple is tender (depending on the size of the apple, cook time will vary).
- 3 WW points (green and blue plans)
- 2 WW points (purple plan)
Leave a Reply