Nothing says fall like tortellini! This Healthy Tortellini in Broth requires minimal ingredients and is so simple to throw together. You’ll love this recipe for a quick lunch or dinner. This comforting meal is sure to warm you up on a chilly day, and you’ll feel even better about the simple ingredients. Sometimes, less is more, and this recipe is proof of that. Skip the high sodium and high calorie takeout soups and mac and cheese and impress yourself with this Healthy Tortellini in Broth instead!
All about this Healthy Tortellini in Broth
This Healthy Tortellini in Broth is similar to a soup. However, it won’t leave you with that unsatisfied feeling I personally get whenever I eat soup. What makes this recipe different? Well, the cheesy tortellini–obviously. Tortellini has the ability to elevate any recipe into feeling indulgent and satisfying. It makes it a meal on it’s own. The simple flavor profile of this particular recipe make it easy to pair with just about anything.
Tortellini soup makes a great meal for the family, and also makes for a great meal prep lunch for the week. Simply store the soup in mason jars in individual portions for the week, and reheat in the microwave for a quick lunch mid-week. If you need something alongside your soups, this soup would pair perfectly with a fresh garden salad.
What you’ll need to make this Healthy Tortellini in Broth
When I said this ingredient list was simple, I wasn’t kidding. These ingredients are easy to have on hand so you can throw this recipe together at any time.
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Chicken bouillon cubes
- Frozen cheese tortellini
- Fresh chives
How to make this Healthy Tortellini in Broth
Start by adding minced garlic to a large pot, followed by one tablespoon of olive oil. Turn the heat on medium to ensure the garlic doesn’t burn. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
Remove from the heat and carefully pour in 10 cups of water, followed by two bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil.
Now, you can add in your tortellini. Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer until the tortellini is soft and tender–but not falling apart. Add the chives. Taste for salt & pepper. Feel free to add grated cheese on top for an extra burst of flavor when serving. Enjoy!
More tortellini, please!
Tortellini is the perfect choice when transitioning to the colder months. If you love tortellini as much as I do, you need to try my other tortellini recipes.
- Tortellini Soup with Chicken Sausage and Spinach
- This tortellini soup is a great meal prep option. The combination of chicken sausage and cheesy tortellini makes this a protein-packed option that will satisfy your savory cravings and keep you full throughout the day.
- Lightened-Up Baked Tortellini
- This is a go-to weeknight family-friendly meal. Lightened-up baked tortellini is comfort food at it’s finest. The best part? I did the heavy lifting for you by lightening up the ingredients without sacrificing the flavor. Add this to your meal plan ASAP!
Healthy Tortellini in Broth
- dutch oven or large pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups cheese tortellini, frozen, I used Gina Italian Village brand
- 10 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon, cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Add minced garlic to a large pot, followed by 1 tbsp of olive oil; turn the heat on to medium (this will ensure that the garlic doesn't burn).
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Remove from the heat and carefully pour in 10 cups of water, followed by the 2 bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini. reduce heat to medium. simmer until tortellini is soft and tender, but not falling apart.
- Add the chives. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Optional: serve with grated cheese on top for an extra burst of flavor.
- 9 WW points
More fall-friendly soups you’re sure to love:
You won’t find any boring soups here. My soup recipes are satisfying, healthy, and freezer friendly to set you up for success.
Leave a Reply