makes 4 servings
baked tortellini with spinach
This recipe uses my marinara sauce – if you prefer to use jarred marinara, that’s ok too! Your stats might vary though.
- 3 ½ cups cheese tortellini I used frozen
- 1 ¼ cup of my marinara sauce divided if you use jarred, calories and points will vary.
- ⅓ cup part skim ricotta
- 2 oz part skim mozzarella
- 1 oz grated pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- ½ medium onion diced
- 8 oz bag of fresh spinach
- olive oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- kosher salt
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- fresh parsley optional
- cook the tortellini in boiling water. I cooked mine for 2 minutes to not overcook it, since it will cook more in the oven later. drain the tortellini.
- toss the strained pasta in 1 cup of marinara to combine and set aside. meanwhile sauté the onion in a frying pan for a couple of minutes until translucent.
- add the garlic, spinach, and ¼ tsp kosher salt, and cook until the spinach is just wilted.
- remove from the pan and set aside. mix the ricotta with ¼ tsp each of dried basil and dried oregano, and fresh parsley, if you have.
- stir to combine. add this mixture to the spinach and onion mixture.
- in a greased baking dish, (mine shown is 1.4 qt), add a layer of ½ the tortellini, followed by the entire bowl of the spinach and ricotta mixture, followed by the other half of the tortellini.
- cover with remaining ¼ cup of marinara. sprinkle the top with the mozzarella and grated cheese. bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
8 WW points WW PersonalPoints™: Click here to track this recipe in the WW app.