makes 4 servings
a great way to use up leftovers or random scraps you find in your fridge or freezer
You can add sausage, bacon or ham, any veggie, or any amount of cheese you have left at the bottom of the bag. There are no rules! Served with some toast and fruit, it makes for a perfectly balanced breakfast.
Veggie Egg Bake
- 10 oz bag frozen peppers and onions
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli
- ¾ cup fat free mozzarella
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup liquid egg whites
- ¼ cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- Sauté the peppers and onions in cooking spray until they get soft and start to caramelize.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli florets and add them to the same pan once they are soft.
- Combine the veggies together and season with kosher salt to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the eggs, egg whites, yogurt, and seasoned salt and whisk together. Spray a pie dish or baking dish. Add the veggies to the bottom in an even layer.
- Place 1/2 the cheese on top of the veggies.
- Next add the egg mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until firm and set up. Keep covered in fridge to store.
0 WW points – blue and purple plans 3 WW points – green plan WW PersonalPoints™: Click here to track this recipe in the WW app.
Leave a Reply