a staple, remade
Traditional Italian meatballs are made with a mixture of meats such as pork, veal and beef. For my recipe, I use lean ground beef and they taste just as delicious.
Here is the recipe for my marinara sauce used in this recipe. It’s super easy to make, but if you prefer to use jarred, that’s ok too! Your stats will vary though.
- 1 lb 96/4 lean ground beef
- ¼ cup of my marinara sauce
- If you don’t use my marinara calories and points will vary
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small white onion grated
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Combine all ingredients and form into 12 equal sized balls with your hands. place on a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until cooked to your liking. toss with more marinara sauce.
- Serving suggestion: over pasta, on a bread “meatball hero” style, on top of pizza