serves 2 (serving size: 2 drumsticks and ½ of the slaw recipe)
- 4 drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sriracha honey garlic BBQ sauce - I used one from Trader Joe’s
- scallions and sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 8-10 oz bag shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- squirt of sriracha
- squirt of ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Combine the ground ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and cayenne and rub the spices all over the drumsticks.
- Leave the chicken in a covered bowl in the fridge overnight. You can just do this for a few hours, though.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Sear the drumsticks in a frying pan with cooking oil spray.
- Once seared on all sides, I place the chicken in a baking dish and finish cooking in the oven at 425 for about 35 minutes.
- Then toss the cooked chicken in the BBQ sauce, and top with the scallions and sesame seeds for garnish.
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, ginger paste, and sugar together in a bowl – add the cabbage and toss to coat.
7 WW points WW PersonalPoints™: Click here to track this recipe in the WW app.