My Skinny Bacon, Asparagus and Swiss Egg Bake has a little bit of everything. It’s filling, savory and better yet–healthy! The flavors of the bacon, asparagus and cheese compliment each other perfectly. Meal prep is all about setting yourself up for reaching your health goals without compromising the delicious flavors and foods that you love. This egg bake is exactly that! This is a breakfast you’ll look forward to every morning.
Egg bakes are the perfect meal prep!
There’s no better meal prep for breakfast or lunch than an egg bake: they are simple to prepare, easy to cook (pop it in the oven and let it do it’s thing!), and store really well in the fridge for a few days. They also freeze perfectly, if you don’t plan on eating the portions right away. I love stocking my freezer with portions of meal prepped breakfast or lunch ideas, so that on the weeks where I don’t have the time to cook from scratch, I have healthy options on hand. If you plan on freezing an egg bake, simply wrap individual serving sizes in plastic wrap or pop them into a freezer bag. To defrost, put a portion in the fridge overnight and then reheat in the morning. Or, simply microwave to defrost. Egg bakes reheat really well in the toaster oven, microwave, conventional oven, or air fryer! You can’t beat it.
Check out one of these other delicious egg bake recipes:
- Healthy Tomato Pesto Egg Bake
- Spinach Egg Bake with Phyllo
- Italian Egg Bake with Prosciutto and Vegetables
What you will need to make this Skinny Bacon, Asparagus and Swiss Egg Bake
- Center cut bacon
- Red onion
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Liquid egg whites
- Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Seasoned salt
- Dried chives
- Reduced fat Swiss cheese
How to make this egg bake recipe
View this post on Instagram
Skinny Bacon, Asparagus and Swiss Egg Bake
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- baking dish or casserole dish 9 x 13
- 6 slices center cut bacon
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- olive oil spray
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt, used: Lawry's
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 4 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese, used: ultra thin Sargento swiss
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the bacon strips on one side of the baking sheet.
- Chop the onion, and chop the asparagus into bite sized pieces. Arrange them on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Spray the vegetables with olive oil spray, and season with the kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and cooked, and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool; lower the oven temperature to 350F.
- Combine the eggs, egg whites, yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and dried chives. Whisk to incorporate the ingredients.
- Break the bacon up into pieces. Layer the cooked bacon and vegetables in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Pour the egg mixture on top. Place the 4 slices of Swiss cheese evenly on the top of the egg mixture. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Reheat portions in the microwave, air fryer, or toaster oven.
- 3 WW points per slice
Say goodbye to complicated and boring omelets! Try one of my other Egg Bake recipes, perfect for feeding your family or for meal prep for the week. Egg bakes also make a great lunch or brunch recipe paired with a side salad.