How about a meal prep lunch that hits all of your nutritional goals? Protein, carbs, veggies- yes please! This deliciously healthy chicken pasta salad hits all the targets with a Greek-inspired flavor profile. A delicious spice blend coats chicken breasts, which are then roasted with red onion. Tossed together with cooked pasta, fresh herbs, tomatoes and a yogurt-based dressing, this pasta salad is a flavor bomb. If you are looking for an easy meal prep packed with protein and nutrients, add this Healthy Greek-Inspired Chicken Pasta Salad to your meal plan!
What you’ll need to make this healthy Greek-Inspired Chicken Pasta Salad
To make this delicious pasta salad, you will need the following ingredients:
- pasta of choice
- to keep this gluten free, I use this chickpea based pasta Shells (eatbanza.com)
- chicken breast
- kosher salt
- dried oregano
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried dill
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- for dairy free, I used this one: Plant-Based Dips – Kite Hill Dairy Free Foods (kite-hill.com)
- plain non-fat yogurt
- for dairy free, I used cashew yogurt: Dairy Free Yogurt
- fresh mint
- fresh parsley
How to make this healthy chicken pasta salad
To make this pasta salad, there are a few steps: cooking the chicken and onions, cooking the pasta, and mixing it together.
Start out by preheating the oven to 425F. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper. Cut the chicken breasts in half to make 8 thinner pieces. In a small bowl, combine the kosher salt, coriander, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, dried dill, and nutmeg in a small bowl and rub it all over the chicken pieces. Cut the red onion into pieces. Add the cut red onion and seasoned chicken breast to the baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes or until the onions are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
In the meantime, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Prepare the other ingredients by halving the cherry tomatoes, chopping the herbs, and slicing the olives.
When the chicken is cooked, chop it into bite-sized pieces. Drain the pasta and spray with non-stick cooking spray to prevent clumping. Add the yogurt, tzatziki, salt, garlic powder, and dill to the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Add the pasta, along with the cooked chopped chicken breast, cooked onions, halved cherry tomatoes, herbs, and olives. Toss to coat and taste for seasoning.
Perfect for meal prep
This recipe is ideal for meal prep, since it keeps so well in the fridge and it served cold, no reheating required. It makes 6 servings at a heaping 1 1/2 cups each (or 1 2/3 cups each). This is an all-in-one meal, so no need for a side dish here!
If you like the idea of a pasta salad with chicken, check these other recipes out:
Healthy Greek-Inspired Chicken Pasta Salad
- pasta pot
- sheet pan lined with parchment paper
- large mixing bowl
- 8 oz chickpea pasta , I used Banza ChickPea pasta
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 6 thinner pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 red onion, large, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup tzatziki , used: Kite Hill for dairy free
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt, I use cashew yogurt for dairy free
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the kosher salt, coriander, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, dried dill and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Slice the chicken into 8 thinner pieces, and season with the seasoning blend on all sides.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet to one side.
- Chop the onion and add it to the baking sheet. Spray the top with more cooking spray.
- Bake at 425F for about 20 minutes, or until the onions are tender, and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot with salted water to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions, and drain when cooked.
- Add olive oil spray or cooking spray to the cooked pasta to prevent clumping.
- Half cherry tomatoes. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Chop the fresh herbs.
- Add the pasta, chicken, cooked onions, tomatoes, olives and herbs in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the tzatziki and the yogurt with the dill, salt and garlic powder.
- Pour over the salad components, and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning.
- 4 WW points
You might also enjoy these recipes with similar flavor profiles: