This sheet pan meal is healthy, easy to prepare, and bursting with flavor. The spices used in this easy sheet pan meal are inspired by Greek cuisine; from the warmth of coriander, to the vibrant dill, to the savory garlic and onion. A flavorful marinade made with spices, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest and juice and honey coats tender chunks of chicken; the chicken roasts on top of an abundance of fresh vegetables. Zucchini, eggplant, red onion and cherry tomatoes are roasted until tender, and then finished with feta cheese, kalamata olives, and fresh herbs. This healthy Greek sheet pan chicken and vegetables makes for the quickest and easiest weeknight meal, or an equally easy to prepare meal prep for lunch.
Why is everyone into sheet pan meals?
I guess the question is… why not?! They are beyond easy to prepare. I think next to crock pot meals, sheet pan meals are the easiest ones to prepare, especially on busy nights. Simply throw everything onto the sheet pan, and bake. Everything cooks at the same time, and sheet pan meals are so versatile. One of my go-to sheet pan meals is my Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers and Onions. It’s a fool-proof recipe, and is a crowd-pleaser. I also love my Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken and Vegetables and Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables. I also love sheet pan meals for those nights when you just don’t feel like standing at the stove. Once you throw this pan into the oven, you’re done. The cleanup couldn’t be easier, too. Here, I use parchment paper on top of the sheet pan to make cleanup even easier. There’s nothing worse than finishing a delicious dinner, just to turn around and see a sink full of pots and pans. Here, it’s one and done… one sheet pan to wash, and that’s it! Sheet pan meals also make a perfect meal prep, because aside from some chopping, there is not much work involved here. You can easily prep lunch for the week in 45 minutes (including chopping and cooking).
What you’ll need to make this recipe
Here’s the ingredient list:
- chicken breast
- red onion
- cherry tomatoes
- fat free feta cheese
- I used this one.
- kalamata olives
For the chicken marinade, you’ll need:
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- lemon (zest and juice)
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried oregano
- dried dill
- fresh parsley
- fresh mint
Don’t be intimidated by the length of the ingredient list! Most of the spices and marinade ingredients are pantry staples, and the other ingredients are just a handful of fresh vegetables.
How to make healthy Greek sheet pan chicken and vegetables
Preheat the oven to 425F. Prepare the vegetables and arrange them onto a sheet pan sprayed with olive oil spray. Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, and more olive oil spray.
Combine the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl, and slice the chicken breast into strips. Toss them in the marinade and then place them on top of the vegetables. Pour the extra marinade on top. Roast the chicken and vegetables for 25 minutes. Remove the sheet pan from the oven, and add the olives and feta. Increase the oven to 450F, and roast for another 5 minutes. Chop the fresh herbs and sprinkle them on top of the sheet pan.
Healthy Greek Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
- mixing bowl
- sheet pan
Chicken and Marinade
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 cups zucchini, 2 medium zucchini
- 4 cups eggplant, 1 medium eggplant
- 2 cups red onion, 1 medium onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- olive oil spray
- 2 oz fat free feta
- 2 oz kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, and then cut those pieces in half lengthwise. Then, chop the zucchini into bite sized pieces.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, and then cut those pieces in half lengthwise. Then, chop the eggplant into bite sized pieces.
- Chop the red onion.
- Spray the baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Dump the chopped zucchini, chopped eggplant, chopped red onion, and cherry tomatoes onto the sheet pan.
- Spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with the 1 tsp kosher salt. Add fresh cracked pepper.
- Slice the breast into tender-sized pieces (approximately 12 pieces).
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, zest of the lemon, juice of the lemon, minced garlic, and spices. Whisk together.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Add the chicken to the top of the vegetables on the sheet pan, and pour the extra marinade on top.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450F.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the feta and olives onto the sheet pan.
- Return the sheet pan to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Chop the herbs and sprinkle on top of the sheet pan.
- Once done, pour the residual juices on top of each serving. There's tons of flavor there!
- 4 WW points per serving
Leave a Reply