There’s no better way to beat your fast food cravings than with my Skinny Big Mac Quesadilla. Inspired by the flavors of a fast food favorite, this quesadilla is packed with so many of your favorite ingredients: melty cheese, lean ground beef, pickles, ketchup, and mayo. Skinny Big Mac Quesadilla will be your new favorite guilty pleasure, minus the guilt! Upgrade your quesadilla game with this comforting, cheesy goodness.
What makes these different?
Traditional quesadillas are typically filled with chicken and shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese. If that’s more your style, check out my Easy Weeknight Chicken Quesadillas. If you’re looking to try something a little different, these Skinny Big Mac Quesadillas are for you! The recipe list is still simple and accessible, with easy swaps like using lean ground beef instead of chicken. The sauce adds an extra layer of fun to these quesadillas and is sure to be a fan-favorite. Pickle lovers will also be pleased with the addition of chopped pickles and pickle juice used in the quesadilla filling.
What you need to make Skinny Big Mac Quesadilla
- 96/4 extra lean ground beef
- Minced dried onion
- Garlic powder
- Ground mustard
- Kosher salt
- Light mayo
- Pickles & pickle juice
- Low carb wraps
- American cheese
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
How to make Skinny Big Mac Quesadilla
To start, you want to heat a large frying pan with olive oil spray over medium heat. Chop your onion and add it to the frying pan with the lean ground beef. Using your spatula, break the beef up and cook it until it is no longer pink.
Next, we’re going to upgrade the flavor of this dish by adding the dried minced onion, garlic powder, paprika, ground mustard, and salt. Make sure to stir to incorporate the spices evenly into the meat. Once you’ve done that, add the Worcestershire, ketchup, chopped pickles and pickle juice, and diced tomatoes. Simmer for about ten minutes over medium heat until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
Now, it’s time to make the best part–the sauce! Mix together 1/4 cup of light mayo, 1 tbsp of ketchup, and 2 tbsp of chopped pickles to form the sauce.
Laying out your wraps, add about one heaping cup of filling to each with a slice of cheese. Top each with 1 tbsp of sauce. Add more onions and pickles to your liking–and fold the wraps in half.
Next, add cooking pray to a skillet and place the folded wrap on the skillet over medium low heat. Cook each for a few minutes per side until toasty. Flip the wraps gently, as to not lose any filling from the inside of the wraps. Once golden and crispy, add the shredded lettuce inside the wrap, or serve alongside.
How to serve the Skinny Big Mac Quesadilla
The options are endless when it comes to what you can serve with this elevated quesadilla. You can stick with the traditional route–opting for sour cream, rice, salad, guacamole, beans, tortilla chips, etc. Or, you can channel a true fast food meal by pairing it with French fries, roasted potatoes, etc. My Easy Smashed Potatoes are a great choice if you decide to go that route. Have fun with it!
If you love Skinny Big Mac Quesadilla, you’ll love these recipes!
- Skinny Big Mac Burger
- Easy Weeknight Chicken Quesadillas
- Healthy Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
- Quick and Healthy Sloppy Joes
- Lightened-Up Smash Burgers
- Taco Burgers with Pico de Gallo
Skinny Big Mac Quesadilla
- frying pan
- 4 low carb tortillas/wraps used: Ole Xtreme Wellness Low Carb Tortillas
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 lb 96/4 extra lean ground beef
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp minced dried onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 cup pickle chopped
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 slices American Cheese used: Velveeta brand
- shredded iceberg
- raw onion chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp pickles chopped
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Chop the onion and add it to the pan with olive oil spray.
- Add the lean ground beef to the pan with the onion. Using your spatula, break the beef up and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the dried minced onion, garlic powder, paprika, ground mustard, and salt. Make sure to stir to incorporate the spices evenly into the meat.
- Add the Worcestershire, ketchup, chopped pickles and pickle juice, and diced tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sauce ingredients.
- Lay out tortillas, filling each with one heaping cup of filling and a slice of cheese, cut in half - half on each side of the tortilla. Add a tbsp of sauce on top of the meat mixture, plus some raw chopped onions. Optional: add extra chopped pickles.
- Fold tortillas in half.
- Preheat a skillet over medium low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place folded tortillas on skillet--cooking for a few minutes on each side until toasty. Flip gently.
- Add shredded lettuce inside tortilla or serve on the side.
- 8 WW points (green, blue and purple plan)