This ham and broccoli quiche is nutritious and filling, easy to assemble breakfast or lunch. It’s packed with protein and veggies, and the best part is, the crust is completely effortless. The crust for this quiche is a pre-made pizza dough. It creates a delicious and effortless crust for the quiche, and an extra element of flavor and texture. Packed with ham, cheese, and fresh broccoli, this is ham and broccoli quiche with pizza crust makes for a delicious breakfast or lunch for the family to enjoy, or a great meal prep.
What’s special about this quiche?
Plain and simple: this quiche is special because of the crust! Not only is it easy to use, but it is a pizza crust! The pizza crust creates such a delicious crust for this quiche; slightly crispy, but soft on the inside. And the best part is, it is premade and found right in the refrigerated section of the grocery store (where you find the cinnamon buns or crescent rolls).
I saw this product at the grocery store when I was browsing the refrigerated section; along with other products, I saw this thin pizza crust. I thought it would be the perfect crust for a quiche; easy to use, and delicious. If you can’t find this exact product, you can replace it with any pre-made pizza dough, pre-made pie crust, or similar product. Use your imagination!
This quiche is excellent and filling on its own, but also great paired with different options depending on the time of day. For breakfast, you can serve this alongside breakfast sausage or bacon, or fresh fruit. To serve this quiche for lunch, you can pair this recipe with a fresh garden salad for a well-rounded meal.
What will I need to make it?
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
- Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust
- If you can’t find this exact product, you can use any similar product and update your macros accordingly.
- This recipe uses half of the crust. You can double the recipe if you want to use the whole crust.
- egg whites
- You can also use all eggs, if you prefer. I like to use egg whites to stretch the eggs out, for a lower calorie and lower fat option.
- plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- This adds creaminess to the egg mixture, where milk or heavy cream might usually be used.
- kosher salt and pepper
- I used Boar’s Head ham.
- light cheddar
- I used the Cabot 75% light cheese and grated it; you can use any cheddar (or other cheese) you like.
How to make ham and broccoli quiche with pizza crust
To make this recipe there are a few key steps: pre-baking the crust, creating the quiche filling, and baking the quiche.
Pre-baking the crust
It is important to pre-bake the crust before you bake the quiche; this allows the crust to set up a bit before the wet quiche ingredients get added on top of the quiche. To pre-bake the crust, preheat the oven to 400F. Remove the pizza crust from the package and cut it in half. Spray the tart pan with non-stick cooking spray, and add the pizza crust to the dish. Stretch the crust to cover the entire dish, making sure the bottom of the dish is completely covered. You can fold the edges of the crust over if you need to. It doesn’t have to be perfect, because the quiche filling will cover it anyway! Bake the crust for 8 minutes.
Remove the crust from the oven while you prepare the quiche filling.
Preparing the quiche filling
Add the eggs, egg whites, yogurt, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine the ingredients. Chop the ham, grate the cheese, and cut the broccoli into small florets. Add them to the mixing bowl with the eggs.
Pour the egg mixture into the pre-baked crust. Bake the quiche for 35 minutes or until it is set up.
This quiche makes four generous servings, but you can also cut it into six smaller servings.
Ham and Broccoli Quiche with Pizza Crust
- mixing bowl
- pie or tart pan
- 1/2 Pillsbury thin pizza crust, this recipe uses the Pillsbury thin pizza crust, cut in half.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt, used: Fage
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 4 oz ham, used: Boar's Head
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 oz light cheddar cheese, used: Cabot 75% light, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spray a pie or tart pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the pie crust from the container, and cut the crust in half. (This recipe uses half of the crust, you can use the other half for something else, or double the recipe to use the entire crust).
- Place the pie crust into the pan, and fold the sides over to fit the pan.
- Make sure the bottom of the pan is covered by the crust.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, egg whites, yogurt, salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly.
- Cut the ham into small slices, grate the cheese, and cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets.
- Add the ham, cheese, and broccoli to the egg mixture.
- Remove the pre-baked pie crust from the oven. Spray the sides of the pan with more cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, and return the pan to the oven for 35 minutes or until set up.
- 6 WW points (green plan)
- 4 WW points (blue and purple plans)
You might also enjoy these recipes:
Zucchini Quiche with Hashbrown Crust
Cheesy Egg Muffins with Hash Brown Crusts
Hearty Western Omelet Egg Bake
Leave a Reply