Skip the coffee drive through and make your own delicious egg bites at home! Egg bites are my number one favorite breakfast to order at the coffee place; they’re just so easy to grab and take along, and they taste amazing as well. But once you realize how easy and cost effective it is to make your own at home, it doesn’t pay to buy them! These healthy sundried tomato and basil sous vide egg white bites are a great twist on my classic recipe, with a play on your favorite coffee shops’ menu. Delicious sundried tomatoes and basil fleck the egg whites and creamy cottage cheese in this recipe; baked in a water bath to remain moist, the texture on these is out of this world!
Egg bites at home!
I’m all for transforming popular “take out” meals to something you can make at home. If you’ve tried my Healthy Cashew Chicken or Lightened-Up Smash Burgers you know what I’m talking about. @everythingerica has done us all a favor with her homemade ‘sous vide’ egg bites. Check out her Instagram highlight linked here where she walks through the recipe.
These egg bites are great because they’re easy to prep and they’re easy to take on the go. Toss a couple of these into your lunch bag or grab them before rushing out the door to get the kid’s to school. You’ll be happy you have these cheesy protein-packed egg bites for those busy days. You won’t miss having to make a trip to the drive-thru!
Here is the link to my original recipe for healthy sous vide egg bites: Healthy Sous Vide Egg Bites
This version is fun because it uses egg whites with some additional ingredients, for a different twist.
What you’ll need to make these healthy egg bites:
- egg whites
- It is easiest to use liquid egg whites. You can also use full eggs, but for that method, I recommend using this recipe: Healthy Sous Vide Egg Bites
- reduced fat cottage cheese
- This is my favorite brand of cottage cheese: Good Culture | Ridiculously Good Cottage Cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- sundried tomatoes (dried, not packed in oil)
- I like using these because it reduces the need for extra oil in this recipe, keeping the calories down
- fat free mozzarella or fat free feta
- Either cheese will work perfectly here, it just depends on the flavor you are looking for.
- fresh basil
How to make these Healthy Sous Vide Egg Bites
Grab your blender and silicon muffin liners and let’s get started!
Start by preheating the oven to 325F. In the blender combine the egg whites, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Chop the sundried tomatoes. Stir in the sundried tomatoes to the mixture.
Healthy Sundried Tomato and Basil Sous Vide Egg White Bites
- silicone muffin liners
- baking dish
- 1.5 cups liquid egg whites
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes , dried, not packed in oil
- 2 tbsp basil, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In the blender, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped sundried tomatoes and basil.
- Arrange the muffin liners in a baking dish.
- Spray the muffin liners with non-stick cooking spray. Pour equal amounts of the egg mixture into each liner, then top each with the mozzarella or feta cheese.
- Pour water in the baking dish around the muffin liners about 1/2 way up each liner.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool, then pop out of the liners.
- 0 WW point each
If you love this recipe, you’ll love these: