Meal time just got easier! Chicken breast slow cooks to perfection with buffalo sauce and honey. Topped with a flavorful-packed pickle slaw, these sliders are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. With just a few simple steps, these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Pickle Slaw come together in no time. Perfect for sharing with friends and family as part of your game-day spread, or a fun new recipe to add to your weekly meal plan rotation–you won’t be sorry you made these!
Made in the slow cooker
The slow cooker does all of the heavy lifting in this recipe. The chicken breast cooks in the slow cooker with the hot sauce and honey for four hours on high or eight hours on low. There’s no need for pre-cooking or pan-searing; it’s just easy. All you have to worry about is combining your slaw ingredients, shredding the chicken, and assembling the sliders.
Slow cooker recipes are great for when you are in a pinch. Especially during busy weeks, there’s nothing easier than throwing everything in the slow cooker and letting it do its thing. I will admit, slow cooker recipes can be tricky sometimes. As someone who is picky about taste and texture of meals, I understand why some people are skeptical to turn to their slow cooker to make a delicious meal. Sometimes the results are just mushy and sloppy.
This recipe is a home run. As I’ve worked with the slow cooker to make sandwich or taco-type recipes in my Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken and Slow Cooker Shredded Beef, I’ve developed a good feel for what works and what doesn’t. The key to making a great recipe in the slow cooker is for the meat to be shredded and tender. In this case, the chicken comes out tender and juicy–just what we’re looking for.
What you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Pickle Slaw
- Chicken breast
- Buffalo sauce
- I used Frank’s RedHot linked here
- Slider Rolls
- Slaw mix
- shredded cabbage and carrot blend
- Plain non fat Greek yogurt
- This serves as the creamy element for the pickle slaw, and I promise you will have no idea that the slaw is made with a yogurt base. It just serves as a blank slate for the pickle slaw to built upon; the pickle juice and chopped pickles add all of the flavor here.
- Of course, if you are not a fan of yogurt and are worried about using it, you can use a light mayo instead. But try the yogurt, I promise!
- Dill pickle juice
- Dill pickles
- Kosher salt & pepper
How to make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Pickle Slaw
Start by placing 2 lbs of raw chicken breast in the slow cooker. Combine the hot sauce and honey. Pour the hot sauce and honey mixture over the chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. For the slaw, combine the yogurt, pickle juice, and pickles. Add the slaw mix and toss to coat. Taste for seasoning. Once the chicken is cooked (8 hours on low/ 4 hours on high) shred using two forks. Toss the shredded chicken in the cooking liquid.
Now, it’s time to assemble! Cut the slider buns in half and top with the cooked chicken and slaw.
Each slider should have about 1/4 cup of chicken and 1/4 cup of slaw. You can serve the sliders with the cooking liquid for dipping–yum!
How to serve Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Pickle Slaw
What’s great about this recipe is that it’s so versatile. You can prep the buffalo chicken and pickle slaw at the beginning of the week and assemble the sliders as needed for a quick and delicious lunch. If you’re entertaining, these are the perfect healthy option to add to your spread.
Some crowd-pleasing appetizers to go along with these sliders could be chips & my Easiest Mango Salsa, Air Fried Coconut Shrimp, Asian Glazed Turkey Meatballs, or my Sour Cream and Onion Chicken Tenders.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Pickle Slaw
- slow cooker or crockpot
For the Buffalo Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast raw
- 1 cup buffalo sauce used: Frank's RedHot
- 2 tbsp honey
- 12 slider buns used: King's Hawaiian
For the Slaw
- 10 oz coleslaw mix shredded cabbage and carrot blend
- 1/2 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pickle juice used: Claussen Kosher Dill Pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles used: Claussen Kosher Dill Pickle
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Place the raw chicken in the crockpot.
- Combine the hot sauce and honey, pour over the chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours
- For the slaw, combine the yogurt, pickle juice, kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, and pickles. Chop the scallions.
- Add the slaw mix and chopped scallions and toss to coat, taste for seasoning.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred using two forks and toss in the cooking liquid.
- Cut the slider buns in half and top with the cooked chicken and the slaw.
- Each slider should have approximately 1/4 cup chicken and 1/4 cup slaw.
- Serve with the extra reserved cooking liquid for dipping, and with ranch or bleu cheese dressing, if desired.
- 1/4 cup of chicken & 1/4 cup of coleslaw per slider
- 2 sliders per serving, serves 6
Try one of my other Buffalo Chicken recipes!