If you are looking for a twist on traditional grilled chicken, look no further than this maple balsamic glazed grilled chicken breast. This recipe starts out simply with a flavorful spice blend; but the key is the glaze that finishes the dish. Tart, sweet and sticky, the maple balsamic glaze takes this grilled chicken to the next level. Paired with the spice blend, the sweet, savory and smoky flavor components take this dish to the next level. This maple balsamic glazed grilled chicken breast is the perfect addition to any dish (sandwiches, salads, you name it!)
What you will need to make this maple balsamic glazed grilled chicken
The great part about this recipe is that it is a recipe made with pantry staples! Aside from the chicken breast, I can almost guarantee that all of the spices and other ingredients can be found in your kitchen already.
- chicken breast
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- kosher salt
- maple syrup
- balsamic vinegar
- chicken broth or bone broth
How to make this glazed grilled chicken
To make this delicious grilled chicken, start out by making the spice blend. Combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and kosher salt in a small bowl. Cut the chicken breasts into 8 thinner pieces and season liberally with the spice blend. Preheat the grill pan over medium high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on the first side. Flip the chicken, and cover the pan with a lid so that the chicken cooks through to 165F (about 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken). Remove the lid from the pan, and finish the cooking process and make sure the chicken develops color on the outside.
In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar with the chicken broth. Smash the garlic cloves, and add them to the pot. Simmer the liquids for about 5-10 minutes or until a thick glaze forms (but thin enough to brush onto the chicken or pour over the chicken).
Remove the chicken from the pan, and top with the glaze (make sure the chicken is evenly coated).
What to serve with this grilled chicken
The options are endless when it comes to how to serve this chicken; most simply, you can serve this chicken over a salad (my favorite is an easy salad kit!), or you can make delicious sandwiches or wraps with this chicken. This chicken recipe makes for an excellent meal prep because of its versatility; keep these cooked chicken breasts in the fridge for easy to prepare meals all week. You can also serve this chicken simply with a starch (sweet potato would be delicious here) and a veggie.
Check out these recipes for some easy sides to go along with this grilled chicken:
Maple Balsamic Glazed Grilled Chicken Breast
- grill pan
- small saucepan
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 8 thinner pieces
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, or bone broth
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat (or use an outdoor grill).
- Slice the chicken breasts into 8 thinner pieces.
- Combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Season the chicken breast on all sides with the seasoning blend.
- Add non-stick cooking spray to the grill pan. Add the chicken breasts to the pan.
- Cook the chicken on one side for about 5 minutes, then flip the chicken and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook the chicken for another 5-10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove the lid to finish the cooking process and so the chicken gets nice color.
- In a small saucepan, add the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, chicken broth and smashed garlic cloves.
- Whisk the ingredients and simmer the mixture over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes or until a thicker glaze forms (still runny enough to pour over the chicken or brush on it).
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and plate it; brush or top with the glaze.
You might also enjoy these recipes with a similar flavor profile: