Sheet pan gnocchi? Yep, that wasn’t a typo! My Healthy Sheet Pan Gnocchi, Chicken and Vegetables takes sheet pan meals to a whole new level. This recipe has a little bit of everything you love. Hearty pieces of gnocchi, asparagus and cherry tomatoes, and chunks of chicken breast coated in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. It’s all finished up with dollups of pesto and roasted to absolute perfection. This recipe is proof that sheet pan meals don’t have to be boring, and they can include everything you love.
What you’ll need to make this Healthy Sheet Pan Gnocchi, Chicken and Vegetables:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chicken breast
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Gnocchi, not frozen
- Fresh basil
How to make this Healthy Sheet Pan Gnocchi, Chicken and Vegetables
My Skinny Pesto Sauce
Pesto is so delicious and easy to make; it just takes seconds to make in a blender or food processor. The only downside is that a traditional pesto uses lots of olive oil, which is delicious and a healthy fat, but high in calories if you are trying to eat lighter. My Skinny Pesto Sauce is lightened up by a secret ingredient–lemon juice–which stretches the oil without compromising flavor or texture.
You’ll need just 6 simple ingredients to make My Skinny Pesto Sauce. You’ll need lots of basil, so be prepared! Once you’ve gathered all of the ingredients all you’ll need to do is throw it into the food processor and give it all a whirl.
Sheet pan recipes
Sheet pan recipes are some of my–and your!–favorite recipes. For those of us who love to meal prep, they make everything incredibly simple. They’re also great to lean on for those hectic weeknights. They are real proof that eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated.
If you’re a fan of sheet pan recipes, try out some of my favorites below!:
- Healthy Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
- Maple Dijon Chicken and Vegetables
- Sausage, Peppers and Onions
- Italian Chicken and Vegetables
Healthy Sheet Pan Gnocchi, Chicken and Vegetables
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 shallots
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 lb gnocchi, not frozen; shelf stable
- 1/4 cup pesto
- fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- First, chop the asparagus into bite size pieces. Peel and slice the shallots.
- Cut the chicken breast into chunks.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with olive oil spray.
- Add the vegetables to the sheet pan with more olive oil spray, 1/2 tsp kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and remaining 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
- Toss the chunks of chicken breast in this mixture and then arrange them on the baking sheet next to the vegetables.
- Add the gnocchi to the sheet pan, topped with more olive oil spray.
- Dollup the 1/4 cup pesto on the gnocchi and vegetables.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Toss all cooked ingredients together. Garnish with fresh basil.
- 9 WW points