Say goodbye to overpriced, sugar-packed, store-bought granola! My Homemade Peanut Butter Granola is sure to satisfy that mid-day snack craving whether you serve it on top of a yogurt parfait, alongside a fruit plate, or just straight out of a container. Unsalted peanuts are added to give this granola that extra crunch you love. This recipe calls for just 7 ingredients, so it’s easy to throw together and you can feel good about eating it. Everything’s better with a little peanut butter, so add this granola recipe to your rotation and take your favorite granola pairings to the next level.
What can I do with granola?
Granola is one of those things that I have always absolutely loved, but had no self control over. I would sit and eat dry granola from a bag all day long if I could! In reality, granola is a great, healthy food option eaten on its own, or on top of yogurt in a parfait, or alongside your favorite breakfast, or fruit. Honestly, the options are endless.
When I started my health journey I was always discouraged at how high in calories, sugar, and WW points granola could be. Most of that was because of the added sugar in the ingredients. Aside from added sugar, some granola can also have other hidden ingredients that really, are unnecessary if you make it at home. I pretty much stopped eating granola because I didn’t think it was “worth it” to me.
Granola is perfect on its own, or served with fruit and yogurt in a delicious parfait. I love snacking on it for a sweet and healthy treat!
What you will need to make this healthy Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
- old fashioned oats
- I use Quaker old fashioned oats, but any kind will do.
- vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- unsalted peanuts
- pure maple syrup
- This is an important ingredient, as it is the only sweetening agent in this recipe and it also provides a lot of flavor.
- Make sure to use pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup or sugar free syrup. The flavor is different and it will make a huge difference here!
- If you have dietary restrictions that require you to watch your sugar intake, you can substitute sugar free maple syrup, however I have not tasted this version so I can not attest to the flavor for this swap!
- unsalted, natural peanut butter
- I do NOT recommend using peanut butter powder; use the real deal here.
- If you use salted peanut butter, omit the kosher salt in the recipe or it will be too salty.
- I used the “Justin’s” brand.
How to make this Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
I never knew how easy it was to make granola at home, but all it requires is some mixing and a quick bake in the oven. The key to making granola is lining your sheet pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking, but otherwise this recipe is basically effortless.
Preheat the oven to 325F. In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, maple syrup, kosher salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine thoroughly. Fold in the oats and peanuts. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and pour the granola mixture on top. Spread the mixture into an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool for a minimum of 30 minutes (ideally 1 hour) before breaking apart into pieces. Store in an airtight container such as a mason jar.
You can also add chocolate chips, raisins, or any other ingredients you enjoy in your granola.
View this post on Instagram
Homemade granola doesn’t have to be complicated
This peanut butter granola is the newest addition to my growing collection of homemade granola recipes. Once you realize how easy it is to make your own batch of granola at home, you won’t turn back. If peanut butter just isn’t your thing, or if you have an allergy, I highly recommend you still give one of my other homemade granola recipes a shot. Try my Naturally Sweetened Chocolate Coconut Granola or my Naturally Sweetened Maple Cinnamon Walnut Granola!
Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
- mixing bowl
- sheet pan
- parchmant paper
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter, natural, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanuts, unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, maple syrup, kosher salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Stir to combine thoroughly. Fold in the oats and peanuts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and pour the granola mixture on top. Spread the mixture into an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Let the granola cool for 30-60 minutes before breaking it into pieces.
- 3 WW points
Leave a Reply