Quinoa for breakfast? That’s right! My Sweet Quinoa Breakfast Oatmeal will change the way you think about breakfast. This recipe uses simple, clean ingredients that are a great way to kickstart your morning. In just a few simple steps you will have a sweet, healthy meal you won’t get tired of. This Sweet Quinoa Breakfast Bowl pairs perfectly with fruit, nuts and more maple syrup! Switch up your boring breakfast routine and give this delicious quinoa bowl a try.
What do I need to make this Sweet Quinoa Breakfast Bowl?
The ingredient list for this recipe couldn’t be more simple.
- Uncooked quinoa
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Pure maple syrup
How do I make this Sweet Quinoa Breakfast Bowl?
To start, pour the quinoa into a saucepan with the almond milk and bring to a boil. Then, reduce to simmer and cover with the lid. Simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple syrup and salt.
I like to serve my quinoa breakfast bowl with sliced bananas and pecans. Don’t forget to add some extra maple syrup on top!
Quinoa for breakfast?
It’s no secret that I love oatmeal for breakfast. You all do too! My Baked Oatmeal recipes are some of the most viral, popular recipes on the blog. Check out some of the most popular here:
- Pecan Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal
- Peach Baked Oatmeal
Believe it or not, quinoa is a great breakfast choice. The first reason being that it is packed with nutrients. Fiber, iron, and vitamins are just a few of the benefits of quinoa. It’s also a whole grain, so it will help keep you fuller for longer.
This recipe is also great because it makes four generous servings. You’ll be set up with a delicious, nutrient dense breakfast for the whole week!
Breakfast Meal Prep
Breakfast is one of the best meals to prep in advance. There are so many versatile options to choose from that reheat really well. Check out some of these blog favorites:
- Healthy Sous Vide Egg Bites
- These are new to the blog! Inspired by my friend Erica, these are delicious, filling bites of heaven that are great to grab on the go.
- Homemade Maple Chicken Sausage Patties
- Say goodbye to storebought chicken sausages. My homemade maple chicken sausage patties are a delicious choice to add to your freezer stash. You can feel great about eating them because you know they’re full of clean, healthy ingredients.
- Lighter Broccoli Cheddar Egg Bake
- Egg bakes are a huge hit on the blog and this one is no exception. This cheesy goodness is also a great way to sneak a dose of vegetables into your morning.
- Easy Pancake Bake
- Pancake bakes are great because they are so customizable and versatile. You can change up the flavor and serve them with different sides or toppings. If you don’t know what to do for breakfast for the week–you’re always safe with a pancake bake!
Sweet Breakfast Quinoa Oatmeal
- sauce pan
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked, rinsed under water
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Pour the quinoa into a saucepan with the milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cover with the lid.
- Simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple syrup and salt.
- Optional: Serve with fruit, nuts, and more maple syrup.
- 6 points
Leave a Reply