If you’re looking for a recipe that’s bursting with flavor, look no further! My Chicken Sausage & Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers are sure to be a hit. Mini bell peppers are packed with chicken sausage, onion, cheese and a few of your other favorite ingredients. The peppers will be roasted to golden brown perfection and be oozing with decadent, delicious flavor. This recipe is great for entertaining and will undoubtedly be a crowd favorite. Simple, easy, delicious—that’s what it’s all about!
All about these Chicken Sausage & Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
Beware, these stuffed mini peppers are going to be your new obsession! They’re flavorful, nutritious, and most importantly delicious. Even better—they’re easy to throw together. This is a great recipe to have on hand if you’re entertaining a big group at a party and they also work as a great dinner for the family paired with rice. These Chicken Sausage & Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers can do it all!
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can sub in regular sized peppers for the mini ones. Whether that’s all you have on hand, or regular sized peppers are just more your style, it’s really all about the cheesy, savory filling in this recipe. If you’re making these as an appetizer, I recommend sticking with the mini peppers so your guests can grab a bite more easily. You can opt to serve these peppers alone, or with marinara sauce for dipping.
What you need to make this recipe
- Sweet Italian chicken sausage (raw)
- Olive oil spray
- Diced tomatoes in juice
- Kosher salt
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Fat free mozzarella
- Grated pecorino romano cheese
- Fresh basil
- Mini bell peppers
- Note: can sub regular sized peppers
How to make these Chicken Sausage & Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
View this post on Instagram
Chicken Sausage & Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- baking dish
- 5 links sweet Italian chicken sausage, raw; brand used: Premio
- 1 onion
- olive oil spray
- 28 oz diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup fat free mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated pecorino Romano
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 30 oz mini bell peppers, about 36-40 peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Chop the onion. Remove the chicken sausage from the casings.
- Add the onion and chicken sausage to a frying pan over medium high heat with olive oil spray. Cook the onion and sausage until the sausage is thoroughly cooked and the onion is tender and slightly caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the diced tomatoes with juice, kosher salt, oregano, and garlic powder and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Chop the basil and add it into the pan, along with the mozzarella and pecorino. Stir to combine then set aside.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and scoop the seeds out.
- Add filling to the inside of the peppers and arrange them in a baking dish sprayed with more olive oil spray.
- Spray the tops of the peppers again with olive oil and roast at 400F for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Serve alone, or with marinara sauce for dipping.
- 4 WW points for 6-7 peppers