These breakfast burritos with cilantro lime cauliflower rice are a fun choice for breakfast meal prep. These burritos are stuffed to the brim with refried beans, cilantro lime cauliflower rice, and a flavorful egg scramble featuring sauteed onions, diced green chilis, and cheddar cheese. Packed with flavor and nutrients, these breakfast burritos are a fun and healthy way to start your day, ensuring you’ll stay full for hours on end.
All about these breakfast burritos
These burritos are filling, nutritious and delicious! They start out with a flavorful and protein-packed scramble of eggs, egg whites, onion, diced green chiles, and spices. Mixed with cheddar cheese, this scramble is delicious on its own, but even better when paired with the other flavorful ingredients in the burrito. Low carb wraps are used here, to keep the macros and WW points lower- but any tortilla will work perfectly. There are tons of low carb or low calorie wrap options on the market now, so feel free to use whichever one is easily accessible for you.
The eggs are rolled up in the burritos with fat free refried beans, and the finishing touch: cilantro lime cauliflower rice. Just like your favorite cilantro lime rice from a restaurant, except made with cauliflower rice: this cuts down on the carb factor, but also gives you another chance to get in those vegetables.
All in all, these burritos make for a great meal prep and are freezer-friendly. To reheat, simply microwave the burrito to defrost, or defrost overnight in the fridge. Then, pop the burrito into the air fryer or toaster oven to crisp up, if desired.
What you will need for this recipe
- low carb wraps or tortillas
- I used these from Toufayan. Other comparable products are Tumaros wraps, or Joseph’s wraps.
- frozen cauliflower rice
- lime juice
- kosher salt
- fresh cilantro
- diced green chiles
- chili lime seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- egg whites
- fat free cheddar cheese
- fat free refried beans
How to make breakfast burritos with cilantro lime cauliflower rice
This recipe is not complicated to make, but there are a few steps: 1) cooking the egg scramble, 2) cooking the cilantro lime cauliflower rice and 3) assembling the wraps.
How to make the egg scramble
To make the egg scramble, start out by chopping an onion and adding it to a pan with olive oil spray and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, and then add the diced green chiles. Stir to combine. Add the eggs and egg whites to a large bowl, and whisk together. Pour the egg mixture into the onion and chili mixture, and scramble the eggs. Season with the onion powder, garlic powder, and chili lime seasoning. Then, stir in the cheese. Remove the egg mixture from the pan and set aside.
How to make the cilantro lime cauliflower rice
Wipe the pan clean, and then spray with more olive oil spray. Defrost the cauliflower rice in the microwave. Add the defrosted rice to the pan, and cook for about 10 minutes until all moisture is gone, and the rice begins to get crispy and brown in spots. Add the lime juice, salt, cumin, and fresh cilantro. Stir to combine and set aside.
How to assemble the burritos
To assemble the burritos, spread 2 tbsp of the refried beans on each tortilla. Top with about 3/4 cup cauliflower rice, and equal amounts of the egg scramble (add in 1/2 cup increments until all of the eggs are gone).
Lay each burrito down on a piece of foil, and then roll the burrito up tightly. Roll the rolled burrito up in the foil for storage.
Breakfast Burritos with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
- 6 low carb wraps I used: Toufayan brand
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 4 oz diced green chiles canned
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili lime seasoning
- 2 cups fat free cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup fat free refried beans
- 5 cups cauliflower rice I used: three 10-ounce bags of frozen cauliflower rice, defrosted
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Chop the onion.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil spray and saute the onion for 5 minutes with 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
- Add the diced green chiles and cook for another 5 minutes,
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs to the frying pan, and add the onion powder, garlic powder and chili lime seasoning.
- Scramble the eggs until cooked through, and then stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Remove the egg scramble from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean and spray with more olive oil spray.
- Defrost the cauliflower rice in the microwave.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan, and cook for about 10 minutes or until all moisture is gone and the rice starts to brown in spots.
- Add the lime juice, 1 tsp kosher salt, cumin, and cilantro and set aside.
- Prep the tortillas by spreading 2 tbsp of the refried beans on each tortilla, followed by the cauliflower rice (about 3/4 cup) and the egg mixture.
- Lay each tortilla on foil, and roll each tortilla up tightly, then roll each tortilla in the foil tightly.
- 6 WW points (green plan)
- 3 WW points (blue and purple plans)
You might also enjoy these similar, freezer-friendly meal preps: