makes 2 servings
a fun way to serve veggies
Note: the calories/points for this recipe were calculated using 2 large zucchini, and makes 2 servings. Mine was so large that it is the equivalent of two large ones!
- 2 large zucchini
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fat free mozzarella
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- kosher salt to taste
- optional: balsamic glaze for topping
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop the insides out, leaving about 1/4” of the sides so it holds its shape while cooking.
- Place the pulp (the insides) onto a cutting board and chop into bite size pieces. Chop the onion.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil spray and sauté the zucchini pulp and the onion together for about 10 minutes until soft and they start to brown.
- While the mixture is cooking, grill the zucchini boats on both sides so it starts to get tender.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and garlic to the pulp mixture and cook for a few more minutes. Season with salt.
- Add the mixture to a bowl with the breadcrumbs and cheese and basil, stir to combine (reserve some cheese for topping if desired).
- Add the filling to the boats and place back on the grill, cover with a lid and cook until the zucchini boats are tender and to your liking and the cheese has melted.
1 WW point WW PersonalPoints™: Click here to track this recipe in the WW app.