makes 6 sandwiches
Breakfast sammy meal prep, and an egg cooking hack to make the perfect sized egg patty for your sandwich. Includes photos from start to finish of the process.
Make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches
- 1 package of light English muffins I use my store brand’s light version, Stop and Shop or Giant. They are 90 calories and 2 WW points each
- 1 container of liquid egg whites
- 6 frozen sausage patties of choice I enjoy using Jones Dairy Farm chicken sausage patties
- 6 slices of American cheese I use Velveeta
- everything bagel seasoning or seasoning blend of choice
- Egg cooking hack: I cook my egg whites in a donut pan! One day, I opened my drawer to get a baking sheet and saw the donut pan sitting there, and realized that the openings are the same exact size as the English muffins and the sausage patties I use for these sandwiches, and this idea was born!
- Eggs: spray the openings with cooking spray, sprinkle in some everything bagel seasoning and pour 1/4 cup liquid egg whites into each opening. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until firm. You could do this with whole eggs too, your choice. But the calories will vary.
- Sausage: most frozen sausage patties are fully cooked, so no need to heat anything before assembling.
- Assembly: just add one cooked egg, one slice of cheese, and one sausage patty to each English muffin.
- I wrap these sandwiches in foil and then freeze them. to reheat, I remove the foil and microwave them for about 45 seconds to take the chill off and melt the cheese. Then I pop them into a toaster oven or oven for a few minutes to get them crispy.
4 WW points