Ok, so here’s the deal. I only like super crispy bacon, and sometimes when you make dishes like this, where the bacon is wrapped around something, it doesn’t get crispy enough for me. The scallops cook quickly and the bacon needs more time. So for this recipe, I pre-cook the bacon a bit in a frying pan- just for a couple of minutes so it is not totally raw, but still pliable.
- 8 oz scallops, 12 pieces
- 12 pieces bacon, partially cooked
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 chopped scallions
- Pre-cook the bacon in a frying pan, not until fully cooked, but just slightly cooked and still pliable, then set aside to cool.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each scallop and secure with toothpicks. Broil in the oven on high for about 8 minutes in a baking dish, flipping halfway.
- When the scallops are done, make a quick pan sauce. Melt the butter in a small saucepan, but over a very low flame. You don’t want the butter to burn off, since it becomes the sauce.
- When just melted, add the garlic and cook for a minute, until fragrant. Then add the lemon zest and juice, followed by the honey mustard and brown sugar.
- Whisk it together and cook for a few minutes just so it comes together – then remove from the heat once done, and spoon over the scallops – garnish with scallions.
11 WW points (green) 10 WW points (blue and purple) WW PersonalPoints™: Click here to track this recipe in the WW app.