Who doesn’t love tacos? My Asian-Inspired Healthy Ground Beef Tacos are sure to be a hit. You won’t ever make a boring taco again! A simple beef mixture is topped with a homemade slaw and a spicy mayo to give you a meal that is bursting with flavor. Opt to serve with sesame seeds and your favorite low-carb tortillas or wraps for a protein-packed dinner that will leave you with zero guilt. The best part about these tacos is that they’re a great way to spice up your dinner routine and serve a meal that’s quick & family friendly.
What do I need to make Asian-Inspired Healthy Ground Beef Tacos?
Please note that if you are tracking points on WW or counting calories to adjust your macros for the tortillas or wraps you may opt to use.
- 96/4 extra lean ground beef
- Squeeze ginger
- Garlic cloves
- Cooking spray
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Coconut sugar
- Corn starch
- Coleslaw mix
- Light mayo
- sesame seeds
- low carb tortillas or wraps
- sliced radishes
How to make this dish
Start by chopping the scallions and separating the white parts from the green parts. Then, mince the garlic. Add cooking spray to a frying pan over medium high heat, and add the white parts of the scallion, the garlic, and 1 tsp of the ginger paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Follow by adding the lean ground beef.
Cook the lean ground beef until it is no longer pink. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, coconut sugar, and corn starch. Pour the mixture in and toss to coat the beef mixture. Set aside.
For the slaw you will combine the vinegar, sesame oil, and coconut sugar, and toss the coleslaw mix in. Next, Combine the spicy mayo ingredients. Heat the tortillas over an open flame to toast them (if desired) and then top with the ground beef, slaw, and spicy mayo. You may opt to serve with sesame seeds on top.
Where can I find more fun weeknight meals?
It’s nice to have recipes that become a staple in your weeknight rotation–but, let’s be real–sometimes the same old chicken and pasta dishes can get boring. It’s crucial to have recipes like these Asian-Inspired Healthy Ground Beef Tacos in your back pocket that are still easy to throw together, but offer different flavors and still keep you on track in your health journey.
Asian-inspired meals are some of my favorite recipes. Check out a few of them below:
- Healthy Air Fried Asian Glazed Chicken Burgers with Slaw
- Take your average burger night to the next level air fried Asian glazed chicken burgers! These burgers are bursting with flavor and come together in less than 30 minutes. You can’t beat it!
- Crockpot Asian Pulled Pork
- What’s easier than a crockpot meal? This is a perfect recipe for when you have a busy day at the office or running errands. Toss your ingredients in and let the crockpot do the work for you.
- Lightened-Up Orange Chicken
- Who doesn’t love takeout orange chicken? This lightened-up version of the takeout favorite is a healthy way to indulge in a classic guilty pleasure. This meal pairs perfectly with rice & broccoli. Nobody will be disappointed if you’re serving this up for dinner!
- Shrimp and Zucchini Stir Fry with Homemade Teriyaki
- This recipe is so simple & healthy that it’s sure to be a hit. Make it easier on yourself by keeping frozen shrimp in the freezer so you’re ready to make this in a pinch. The homemade teriyaki sauce is decadent and delicious–and even better it won’t lead you with that salt hangover that you dread after indulging in Chinese takeout.
Asian-Inspired Healthy Ground Beef Tacos
- frying pan
- 1 lb 96/4 extra lean ground beef
- 2 scallions, chopped; white & green parts separated
- 2 tsp ginger, squeeze ginger, divided
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- cooking spray
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha, less or more to taste
- sesame seeds
- 8 low carb tortillas, or wraps
- sliced radishes for garnish
- Chop the scallions and separate the white parts from the green. Mince the garlic.
- Add cooking spray to a frying pan over medium high heat, and add the white parts of the scallion, the garlic, and 1 tsp of the ginger paste.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant, then add the ground beef.
- Cook the ground beef until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, coconut sugar, and corn starch. Pour the mixture in and toss to coat the beef mixture. Set aside.
- For the slaw, combine the vinegar, sesame oil, and coconut sugar, and toss the coleslaw mix in. Combine the spicy mayo ingredients.
- Heat the tortillas over an open flame to toast them (if desired) and then top with the ground beef, slaw, and spicy mayo.
- 9 WW points based on brands used
Leave a Reply