Consider boring, dry, flavorless chicken a thing of the past. Plain nonfat Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and dried herbs combine to create the marinade of your dreams. Healthy Yogurt Marinated Chicken will be the star of your summer BBQ!
All about Healthy Yogurt Marinated Chicken
When it comes to chicken, there needs to be flavor. This yogurt marinated chicken takes flavor to the next level. This recipe is the perfect addition to your summer BBQ spread. Using just a few simple ingredients like plain nonfat Greek yogurt, garlic, and lemon juice, you’re only steps away from a perfect, shockingly easy dish. Marinades are typically packed with unnecessary oil. By using the plain nonfat Greek yogurt and lemon juice, we’ve eliminated the need for oil without sacrificing consistency or flavor. I’m passionate about recipes that make healthy eating effortless and accessible to everyone. If you want to take complicated out of delicious and nutritious food–Healthy Yogurt Marinated Chicken is the perfect recipe for you.
What do I need to make Healthy Yogurt Marinated Chicken?
Here is everything you’ll need to make this dish:
- chicken breast
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- lemon juice
- fresh preferred
- dried dill
- dried oregano
- kosher salt
How to make healthy yogurt marinated chicken
Healthy Yogurt Marinated Chicken couldn’t be more simple. You can opt to use your grill on a warm summer day, or break out your grill pan if the weather’s not on your side. I love this affordable grill pan from Amazon. It’s under $30 and holds up well. Watch my video here on how to cook grilled chicken on the stovetop. This makes it so you can make Healthy Yogurt Marinated Chicken year-round no matter the weather or season! However, if you’re able, I recommend using the real thing! The grill can be intimidating for some–but nothing beats the grill marks and flavor that comes from using an outdoor grill.
When I said simple, I wasn’t kidding. First, you will want to combine all the marinade ingredients (plain nonfat Greek yogurt, lemon juice, dried dill, dried oregano, salt, and garlic).
Next, you want to chop your chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Toss the chicken pieces in the marinade and…that’s it.
You can refrigerate the chicken in the marinade until you are ready to use. When you’re ready, pull the yogurt marinated chicken out of the fridge and toss it onto the grill. You’ll be just a few minutes away from a delicious and healthy dinner!
What to serve with this dish
The options are really endless when it comes to what you can serve with this yogurt marinated chicken. I will share some of my favorite pairings!
My favorite way to serve this chicken is in a pita with all the fixin’s:
- shredded lettuce
- grilled red onions
Another option is to serve this chicken on top of a big salad, or alongside any of the following side salads, which compliment the flavors so well:
- Chickpea and Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Lentil Salad with Arugula
- Pasta Salad with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
Healthy Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- grill pan or outdoor grill
- cast iron pan
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Chop your chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the plain nonfat greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, oregano, salt, and garlic to form the marinade.
- Toss your chicken pieces in the marinade.
- Refrigerate your chicken tossed in the marinade until you are ready to use.
- Fire up your outdoor grill or preheat an indoor grill pan over medium high heat when ready to cook.
- Grill the chicken on each side, or until cooked through. If using an outdoor grill, skewer the pieces. You can also use a frying pan or cast iron pan like I did.
- 0 WW Points
Leave a Reply