My classic pancake is a great way to make a yummy breakfast for the family, or to prep for the week ahead. It’s so easy to combine pancake mix with a few other ingredients and bake it, creating an easy to portion breakfast option. This pancake bake features an extra sweet touch with white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts. Serve this white chocolate macadamia nut pancake bake alongside some fruit for the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert.
All about the white chocolate macadamia nut pancake bake
As I have always mentioned, my classic Easy Pancake Bake was born out of pure laziness: the desire to have pancakes for breakfast, but the unwillingness to stand at the stove flipping pancakes until eternity. I decided to combine the ingredients and bake it in a pie format, and it worked! It was perfect for breakfast meal prep for the week. Pancake bakes have become a go-to meal prep for me over the years because of how easy they are to make. I also always have the ingredients on hand to make them.
Over the years, I have experimented with different ingredients for the pancake bakes; throw in some fresh blueberries or chocolate chips. I also created the Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Pancake Bake and Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Pancake Bake, which are fun variations too. You can also make a savory pancake bake, like this Bacon and Cheddar Pancake Bake.
This pancake bake version features crispy chopped macadamia nuts, and sweet white chocolate chips. These two ingredients are typically paired for cookies, and I thought they would work beautifully here! The pancake bake is subtly sweet, but has great texture from the addition of the nuts. It’s all about keeping your meals fun and interesting, and this recipe is definitely both of those things!
What you will need to make this pancake bake
- pancake mix
- baking powder
- almond extract
- You can use vanilla extract, but I really love how the almond extract echoes the nut flavor from the macadamia nuts in this recipe. I suggest using almond extract here for optimal flavor.
- milk of choice
- I use either unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened cashew milk, but skim milk or any other milk will work fine
- macadamia nuts
- Make sure they are shelled, and chop them before using them in this recipe so each bite has a bite of chopped nuts.
- You can sub in any other kind of nuts you have on hand, like almonds or walnuts. Either one would work well here with the flavor of the white chocolate.
- white chocolate chips
What kind of pancake mix do you use, and why?
I use Kodiak Cakes pancake mix for my pancake bakes. It tastes great, but also is higher in protein than other traditional pancake mixes. The additional protein helps keep you fuller longer, as compared to traditional pancake mixes which can leave you feeling a “crash” a few hours later. Here is a comparison of the labels for a standard pancake mix, versus Kodiak Cakes.
The Kodiak Cakes pancake mixes come in different flavors, ranging from Buttermilk, to Dark Chocolate, to Cinnamon Oat, to Chocolate Chip. I have tried them all, and they are all great for different purposes; for a recipe like this one, I like using the Buttermilk flavor because it’s a blank slate. You can add any flavor to the Buttermilk mix to transform the flavor profile.
The Buttermilk mix is the base mix used for the Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Pancake Bake, too.
How to make the white chocolate macadamia nut pancake bake
This is so simple to make; all you need to do is preheat your oven, mix the batter ingredients together, and then top it with the nuts and white chocolate chips. It takes only minutes to prepare this recipe, and it cooks for about 25 minutes. Because of how quick and easy this is to prepare, it makes for one of my favorite meals to prep for the week.
When the pancake bake is finished, it will look like this:
Serving, storage, and reheating
This pancake bake makes four servings, and pairs perfectly with breakfast sausage or bacon, fresh fruit, or eggs on the side. You can also have this dish as a snack or dessert, with fresh fruit, nut butter, or whipped cream on top. It makes for the perfect sweet bite.
To store this pancake bake, either wrap individual servings in plastic wrap and store in the fridge or freezer, or cover the entire pie dish with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. To reheat, microwave individual portions until heated through; you can also use a toaster oven or air fryer to reheat.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pancake Bake
- pie plate
- 1 cup pancake mix, used: Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened, can sub cashew or skim
- 1/2 oz macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 oz white chocolate chips
- To make the pancake bake, combine the pancake mix, baking powder, almond extract, egg, cinnamon, and milk.
- Pour into a 8-10”baking dish or pie plate that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Chop the macadamia nuts and sprinkle them evenly on top with the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 5 WW points (all plans)
Leave a Reply