These cod fillets are crusted with crispy slivered almonds and panko breadcrumbs. With the simple addition of fresh lemon zest and lemon juice, the cod becomes seriously flavorful after a quick roast in the oven. Kick your ordinary fish dish up a notch with the addition of simple, flavorful, and clean pantry items with this Almond Crusted Cod recipe.
What you’ll need to make this recipe
- cod fillets
- slivered almonds
- panko breadcrumbs
- one lemon
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Dijon mustard
- fresh parsley
How to make almond crusted cod
First, preheat the oven to 400F and grab a small food processor. This is the one I use, it’s an immersion blender that comes with multiple attachment, including a mini food processor function.
This will be used to get the almonds ground up smaller; if you don’t have a food processor, you can definitely leave the almonds as-is, they just won’t be as well mixed with the panko.
Add the almonds to the food processor and pulse until they become fine like breadcrumbs. Add the breadcrumbs in with the kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, and then add the zest of the lemon in. If you don’t have a lemon zester, you can use a small cheese grater for this.
Take a sheet pan and spray it with olive oil spray. Pat the fillets dry. Place the fillets on the sheet pan, and then top each fillet with a teaspoon of the Dijon mustard. Then, top each fillet with an even amount of the breadcrumb and almond mixture.
Next, squeeze the juice of one lemon on top of the fillets, spray with some olive oil spray, and then place them in the oven.
Roast for about 15 minutes or until the cod is cooked through. It should be firm and opaque when its done.
Almond Crusted Cod
- sheet pan
- food processor
- 1 lb cod, 4 fillets
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, unseasoned, plain
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- zest of one lemon
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice of one lemon
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- In a small food processor, pulse the almonds and the panko together.
- Add the kosher salt and pepper, and the zest of the lemon and combine.
- Pat the fillets dry and place them in the baking dish.
- Spread 1 tsp of Dijon on each fillet.
- Top with the breadcrumb mixture and squeeze the juice of the lemon on top.
- Spray with olive oil spray and roast for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley (optional).
- 3 WW points per piece (green plan)
- 2 WW points per piece (blue and purple plans)
Other simple seafood recipes you might enjoy:
Leave a Reply